Stephen Wright

Creative Development

I am a frontend developer and graphics enthusiast, with a passion for creating functional, robust, beautiful code.

  1. Trips, Trips Trips!

    In Intripd, we have a menu of trips that have either been created by the user, or by another user that the user is participating in. To display these, I've mocked up a widget which will give an overview of the current state of the trip, with important information such…

    on Intripd, Photoshop, Design

  2. Logic Separation in Ember.js and Event Bubbling

    Intripd exists in it's current form as a Node.js backed Ember.js web application. It has been written from the ground up as a single-page application, where the user can seamlessly transition from one view to the next, as if the page is fluidly creating the content and inserting…

    on Node.js, Javascript, Ember.js, Events, MVC

  3. Structuring Node.js Apps - Part 2 - Configuration

    In the previous post I explained how I structure most of my Node.js server applications to be as extensible as possible and to retain separation between vendor, bespoke, server and client code. In this part, I will explain how I use a scalable configuration and loading mechanism to provide…

    on Node.js, Tutorial, Configuration

  4. Optimizing NGINX

    Up until a year ago, I used shared hosting for all of my projects. I didn't need the flexibility of a VPS, and most shared packages offer more bandwidth and storage than your standard VPS or Dedicated hosting package, for a fraction of the cost. However, since moving into Node…

    on server, nginx, Linode

  5. Journey - Responsive Theme for Ghost Blogging Platform

    Recently i've branched out into using Ghost as my primary blogging platform for both my personal and professional blogs. For this blog, i'm using the excellent Uno theme by Dale Anthony. For the Intripd Blog, I needed something a bit different. The blog is primarily used to talk about the…

    on ghost, responsive, blog, theme

  6. Buggr - Better Debugging and Logging for Node.js

    A few days ago I blogged about an npm module I had written which provided some additional important debug information to Node.js applications. This afternoon, I reworked the entire module and added some more functionality, and have republished the module as Buggr. Buggr aims to extend the console.* interface…

    on Node.js, Javascript, Development, NPM, Console